Tour Operator Review Part 1: Explore the World Traveling Contiki
Over the years, making use of tour operators to facilitate seamless travel goals has gained popularity especially among young travelers. This is because group traveling has become preferable to solo traveling and tour operators tend to take the stress of preparing for such trips off their clients by negotiating the best rates possible regarding accommodation, flights, and other logistics. With such arrangements, holiday makers would simply select their preferred locations, make payments and take off on the chosen date. Isn’t that cool?
While there are many tour operators globally, our next series of posts will be comparing top tour operators. Let’s begin from the first on our list:
Source: Contiki Tours
Contiki has established itself as a leader in the travel industry. The company, which now covers 60 countries in 5 continents was founded in 1962 with the purpose of creating coach trips for young travelers within 18-35years of age. 55 years down the line, it has grown to be the choice travel agency among this age group. Contiki draws its strength from a well trained workforce made up of tour guides who are both friendly and knowledgeable about the culture, tradition and attractions at different destinations. In a bid to accommodate different travel preferences, Contiki has 8 types of trip packages that travelers can choose from.
- Discovery Trips: It is a perfect option for inquisitive travelers who would love to explore new locations. This package features guided sightseeing, comfortable accommodation, transportation around locations in air-conditioned coaches fitted with movie and WiFi systems, meals at local restaurants, and a “ME Time” for more explorations. Travelers can embark on Discovery Trips to Europe, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South America.
- High Energy Trips: This is the perfect option for the energetic 24hour traveler who would love to see all sights and experience thrilling late nights. Features include overnights and special stopovers at Contiki-owned facilities such as the French Chateau and the Swiss Chalet; comfortable transportation around locations, tasty meals, guided tour of special attractions, exclusive access to Contiki-only bars and night clubs and more. Locations in Europe, the US, Canada, Australia and South America are covered.
- In-depth Explorer Trips: Are you interested in disentangling the intricacies behind the history of your choice destination? This trip option is definitely what you need. In-depth Explorer trips are planned to allow less travel time but more to explore places. Features include guided tours, comfortable accommodation, tasty meals at local restaurants, an abundance of ME Time, comfortable transportation and more. This package allows travelers to have a feel of entirely different cultures and make amazing discoveries around Europe, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South America.
- Easy Pace Trips: Trips in this category are planned to allow travelers more time at different locations. About 2-3 days is spent in a location before moving to another. Features include guided tours, less traveling time, special stopovers, an abundance of ME Time for do-it-yourself exploring, comfortable accommodations, air-conditioned coaches for transportation and many more. Destinations covered are in Europe, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South America.
- Camping Trips: If you are looking too abscond from summer the stress of everyday activities and enjoy the hot summer outdoors without breaking the bank, this might be your best bet. Features include campfires, locally sourced cuisines and access, pizzerias, clubs and bars. A typical camping trip will take you back to experience 1962 when it all started! Only European destinations are covered.
- Sailing and Cruise Trips: This is exclusively for water travel enthusiasts and travelers who don’t mind new experiences. Opting for this package takes you round the Mediterranean in exquisite vessels; it also features guided access to Europe’s hottest spots, comfortable accommodation, delicious local cuisines and more.
- Festivals and Short Stays: Do you wish to celebrate the Christmas, New Year or Easter at an entirely different location? Would you love to experience the music and events peculiar to certain tribes and cultures? This package would provide the fun you seek! Travelers can choose to lodge in hotels, hostels or camps. Other features include air-conditioned coach transportation, guided tours and more.
- Winter and Ski Trips: Going on a Contiki Winter and Ski trip means having outdoor fun such as ice-skating. Travelers could also spend less by opting for off-peak periods in autumn or spring. Features include guided tours, comfortable accommodation options in hotels, hostels or special stopovers, ME Time, air-conditioned coaches and more. Destinations are in Europe, the US, Canada and New Zealand.
In all, Contiki trips range from $56 – $239 and allow couples, solo and group travelers. You can find more details here.
As the world’s first social credit for student travelers, Fluid has made it very easy to secure student travel loans in form of social credits at no costs. So while Contiki does all of the planning so you can get on with enjoying the trip, Fluid actually gets you on the trip by providing you with travel loans.
Give it a gander and go sign up at travel.fluidfi.com!
Founder and CEO
Timothy Li is a serial FinTech entrepreneur. He is the Founder & CEO of Fluid Credit, a credit building app exclusively for 22 million university students. Tim has held various C-level & advisory positions at RocketLoans (Quicken Loans), RealtyMogul, Kabbage, LoanDepot, Mosaic, Blinker, Think Finance, Experian and JPMorgan Chase. He’s is a senior contributor at CrowdFundInsider.com and speaks at various FinTech conferences.