Skip to content
Each of the three major credit bureaus; Experian, Equifax, and Trans
Union look at six (6) key categories when calculating the credit score and
they are as follows:
1. How often do you make your monthly payments on time?
2. How long have you maintained debt; what is your credit product mix? Do you have unsecured* and secured credit**?
3. The percentage of the available balance used on your charge accounts. Each card individually and all cards collectively are captured within this factor.
4. Your total debt balance and your total debt. A cumulative look at all of your credit accounts.
5. Your most recently reported credit activity; including credit inquiries and payment activity
6. Total amount of credit available to you at the time of score calculation.